Getting a foreign university degree has many career and personal growth benefits, but most universities require a standardized test such as IELTS. KC Overseas offers the best IELTS coaching in Vizag, with experienced faculty and intensive course material to improve your chances of success. Receive personalized attention, mock tests, and guidance to excel in IELTS exam preparation.
What Is IELTS Exam?
IELTS, or the International English Language Testing System, is a standardized English test conducted by the British Council, IDP Education, and Cambridge Assessment English. Its main purpose is to evaluate the English proficiency of non-native speakers.
With around 4 million test-takers annually, IELTS is one of the most popular exams worldwide, and it is accepted by over 10,000 universities in more than 140 countries, including the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and the USA.
IELTS Exam Guide
If you are a person who has decided to take the IELTS examination, this portion might help you. IELTS requires proper planning and execution. Necessary efforts must be delivered in order to expect results of proficiency. Before jumping into the act of execution, one should set their plans straight. Therefore, let us look at the important steps involved in the plan here.
- There are two variations of IELTS: Academic and General Training
- Understand the exam format, which includes four sections: Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing
- Determine your target score based on the requirements of your desired university
- Research and understand the scoring system of IELTS
- Learn about IELTS through online resources and familiarize yourself with question types
- Improve your listening skills by watching English movies and podcasts
- Improve your reading skills by reading English content regularly
- Focus on improving your writing skills by checking for grammatical errors and writing regularly
- Improve your speaking skills by speaking in English with friends and family
- Practice regularly and attend IELTS Mock Tests
- Consider seeking help from quality education counselors if needed.
Why to Take the IELTS?
- IELTS is a popular test for students who want to migrate to foreign countries and is easier than other standardized exams.
- It is widely accepted by universities, including over 3,400 colleges in the USA and over 7,000+ universities worldwide.
- IELTS has readily available resources for preparation and can be taken through traditional or computer-based methods.
- With over 1600+ exam centres in over 140+ nations worldwide, it is convenient for candidates to take the exam in their own country.
- Due to its simplicity, relevance, and reputation, IELTS is preferred by most candidates seeking overseas education.
There are certain eligibility conditions that every candidate wanting to attend IELTS must meet. British Council, IELTS Australia, IDP and the Cambridge Assessment English altogether have come up with these conditions and terms. Take a look at them:
- Candidates are advised to pass 12th grade from recognized board.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age. This condition is strictly requested, though. It is not enforced, but the governing parties strongly advise it.
- IELTS is widely accepted worldwide with no restrictions on age, academic preferences, or nationality.
IELTS Exam Pattern
The candidate will come across a total of 4 different sections, which will be as follows:
- IELTS Listening Practice Test has 4 audio files for candidates to listen to and answer questions.
- The IELTS Reading Practice Test comprises 3 passages of varying natures, including questions with diagrams, illustrations, and graphs.
- IELTS Writing Task 1 requires students to summarize graphically represented data and write short essays with a word limit of 100-250 words.
- The IELTS Speaking section involves a one-on-one interview with a moderator who evaluates communication skills through detailed discussions on specific topics.
So, folks, these are the sections available in IELTS. The test has a time duration of 2 hours and 45 minutes, divided into parts for the respective sections.
IELTS Test Scoring System
The IELTS test scores are based on a candidate’s average performance in all sections, resulting in grades between 1-9. A score of 9 indicates exceptional English communication skills, while a score of 1 indicates the opposite. The overall band score is calculated by averaging scores from each section, and while poor performance is possible, one cannot fail the IELTS examination. An example of IELTS results will be discussed for better understanding.
IELTS Band Score Chart
|IELTS Listening Band Score
|Overall Band Score
Now, with the help of those scores of different sections, an average is calculated and is later rounded off to the whole figure of 6.5. This is how an IELTS scoring system works. Besides, take a look at the levels of scores and how universities categorize a student’s English usage.
|Absent for the Exam
|Extremely Limited User
|Very Good User
One should always aim to score somewhere above 6 to stay on the safe side. As the score reduces, only a limited number of universities will be available for your choice later on. So, aim for a bigger IELTS Band Score.
How to Prepare for IELTS Online Test?
A proper plan is necessary for you to deliver quality performance to obtain your dream score in IELTS. One should start off this process by,
#1 Completing Practice Tests
IELTS Online Test is one of the most popular exams worldwide that everyone attends. Therefore, it sure has a lot of free content online. You should familiarise yourself with the test’s basic structure by starting to know about its formation online. IELTS has a lot of practice papers for students to get good training and self-assess their performances.
#2 Setting a Time Limit
While practicing, one should always set a specific time limit in order to increase accuracy during their performance. IELTS requires practice with precision. Time management facilitates this process of delivering precise performance within the given time limit.
#3 Working on your Skills Regularly
Every skill associated with the test, such as reading, writing, listening and speaking, must be trained on a daily basis. Only then will a candidate be ready when the time comes. Constant practice without procrastination will always lead to success.
#4 Getting Updated with New Terms
A lot of English words are flowing through the trend day after day. Catch a hold of this trend and get to know about different words online on a daily basis. This will improve your English knowledge and will reduce your grammatical flaws to a great extent.
#5 Trying to Induce English in your Daily Activities
It will be effective if you try to induce this language into your lifestyle. Turn it in such a way that you get so familiar with the language itself. Start off by watching English shows and talking to others in English. Additionally, reading the newspaper is also an effective method here.
How Do I Complete IELTS Registration Online?
Ever wondered how to apply for IELTS online. No worries we come up with the complete process for registering for IELTS Online Test is as follows:
- In order to start IELTS Registration, log on to the official website of IELTS.
- Click on the register for the test option, which appears on the next page.
- A calendar will be displayed to the left. Choose your desired test date, the test type (Academics or General) and the means through which you want to undertake (Online or Exam Center with your city selected).
- Next, click on continue.
- On the next page, fill in the required details and click on proceed.
- A registration tab opens. Feed the page with the required information.
- After that, on the next page, you will have to upload a copy of your passport. Do upload it and proceed to the next page.
- Here, it will require you to select the universities to which you wish to send your IELTS test results. After this, take your time to review all details.
- You will then have to pay the registration fee for IELTS. Once it is done, take a print of your receipt, which could prove to be useful in the future.
- You will be notified of the details through messages or emails.
Besides, you can visit the IDP Indian office to register for IELTS offline.
Best Strategies to ease your IELTS Preparation
- Research more about IELTS online and get familiar with the exam and its patterns.
- Read about the experiences of top IELTS scorers of the past.
- Set a realistic goal and work towards it.
- Normalize the process of taking practice tests regularly.
- Try to incorporate your daily activities with the usage of English.
- Stay motivated and practice regularly.
- Try to find a good educational counsellor to help you with the preparation of IELTS
Why KC Overseas Education is The Best IELTS Coaching in Vizag?
KC Overseas is one of the best education counsellors based in the city of Vizag. With a couple of dozen branches all over India, KC Overseas Education has helped plenty of students reach their educational goals abroad. We have a team of experts who are exceptionally blessed with the skills to teach you more about this exam. Furthermore, KC Overseas – Best IELTS Coaching in Vizag has a list of experienced professionals who tutor you on the basic and core concepts of IELTS. Any investment towards your education is a good investment. By choosing KC, you have already chosen the right path toward achieving your goals for abroad education. Join us for IELTS Online Coaching and the rest is assured!
How to check IELTS Results?
Students will receive their IELTS results at their postal address, which they provided during the exam registration process. Besides, one can also check their results on the official IELTS website.
What is IELTS exam fees?
The IELTS exam fees differ from region to region and from time to time. Currently, in India, the average IELTS fee can be around 15,500 INR.
Which is easier TOEFL or IELTS?
TOEFL is another standardized exam, just like IELTS, conducted on an international basis. Now, most people consider TOEFL to be tougher, thus, making IELTS easier.
What is a good IELTS score?
Ever wondered What IELTS score do I need? You should score at least a band of about 6.5 or above in order to own yourself a valuable position during your admission to universities.
What is the passing score of IELTS?
A lot of institutes demand a score of more than 7. But you need a minimum overall of at least 6.5.
What is the difference between the IELTS Academic & General test?
IELTS Academic is for students looking to pursue higher education abroad, and the General is for people who are looking to migrate.
Which IELTS test type is right for you?
For those students seeking overseas education should choose IELTS Academic. In contrast, for those who want to migrate from their native country to an English-speaking country, IELTS General suits the best.
How soon can I resit the test?
You can resit for IELTS whenever you feel ready. IELTS has no restrictions with retrying.
Where can I appear for the test?
You can either appear in an exam centre or even at your home to attend your IELTS test.
What is TRF in IELTS?
The test report form or TRF contains the results of your IELTS examination. Its official authorities issue this TRF form.
Is IELTS required for UK?
It is possible for a person to study in the UK without IELTS. Although, one should’ve just met some criteria mentioned by the UK Government.
How long is IELTS score valid?
IELTS score is valid for over 2 years from the date of assessment. Hence, one has 2 years of time to apply to universities.
How to send IELTS score to universities?
You can send your IELTS score to any 5 universities of your choice within one month of the exam date. Universities might receive your result through email, postal, etc.
Is 6.5 a good score in IELTS?
6.5 is considered to be a pretty average score in IELTS. This band can term its candidate as ‘satisfactory’ but not exceptional.
How many years is IELTS score valid?
IELTS score is good to use for upto 2 years from the assessment date.
How to download IELTS score card?
You can download IELTS scorecard from its official website. You can also approach your education counsellor and ask them to email the result.
How many times IELTS exam is conducted in a year?
IELTS takes place over 4 times a month, this sums up to 48 times per year. This might change in the future, though.